Water Problems? Call Ted Winkelbauer at 356-6965
Billing Questions? Call Barb Nummilien at 356-6119
Rock Water System
An entity of
Maple Ridge Township
Rates and Charges: As of April 15, 2015
- The minimum monthly rate for residential and non-residential service will be $34.50 for the first 3000 gallons.
- Metered water rate over 3000 gallons per month will be .50 per 100 gallons.
- The charge for convenience turn on shall be a minimum charge of $40.00.
- Ready to Serve Fee: 16.00 per month.
- For miscellaneous services for which a special rate shall be established, such rates shall be fixed by the Township Board.
- A property owner on existing main desiring to obtain water service will prepare an application for service and submit in advance the sum of $2500.00 which includes a $100.00 inspection fee. Location of service shall be determined by the Township Board. Payment made to the Maple Ridge Township Rock Water System for a supply connection installation is not refundable.
- Cost and installation of the service line into the house from the property line and well abandonment (plugging) will be the responsibility of the property owner.
- No free service shall be furnished by said System to any individual, firm, or corporation, public or private or to any public agency or instrumentality.
- All delinquent rates and charges for water service shall constitute a lien upon the premises serviced, and whenever such charges shall be delinquent for six (6) months they may be certified to the Supervisor and Assessing Officer of the township annually, on or before May 15th of each year and entered by him upon the next tax roll against the property served, for collection in the same manner as the collection of taxes.
- All customers will be billed monthly. All bills must be paid within thirty days from the date on the bill.
- In the event that a water bill is paid by check, and consequently the check should be rejected, there shall be a $25.00 service charge.
- Accounts not paid within thirty (30) days after billing date will be considered delinquent and subject to a ten percent (10%) penalty charge until paid. If any bills for the service of the System shall remain unpaid after sixty (60) days following the rendition of the bill therefore, the water supply for the premise affected shall be turned off and shall not be turned on again except on payment in full of the delinquent charges therefore, in addition to the payment of a charge of $50.00.